sexta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2007

Code Update

Due to some people's request (hi Takashi), they've been expressing the wantness of watching the development of my code under a closer look, I'll try to post UPDATES of Proletarian Rage Development Code, the most frequently possible.

So. Today this is what we have:
Proletarian Rage 0.0.8
( KEYS: Directional, Z and A )
This file comes with the Source and Header files, as well as a Dev-C++ project file (for easy compilation). Don't forget that I'm using the SDL, SDL_image and SDL_mixer libraries, so they must be "there" if you want to recompile the project. Also, there is a makefile for the PSPSDK users, the pictures and sounds I'm using to test the code, and finally a already compiled windows Binary File for the windows users (linux and osx will have to wait).

For the ones that don't know already, this game will be greatly inspired by Streets Of Rage 3.
Why you ask? Well, the control of the main character are rather intuitive (even if unrealistic... but realism was never the subject here). The control the player has over the characters actions is on our opinion incredible.

On the stage i am, I'm trying to reproduce the jump which is still incomplete. The stage it is right now, would resemble the jump of a Final Fight or even a Sengoku 3 (if we take into account that Sengoku 3 has double-tapping run).
What seems to happen on Streets Of Rage is an aerial acceleration variable. Which is controlled on the most weird ways possible. This would be easy using float point variables, however, I'm trying to restrain myself into integers, for the speed sake. One way that I've fount right now would be... using a counter to that would limit the increase or decrease of the aerial acceleration rate... who knows.

Anyway, I'm extending myself a bit too much, so I'll leave this thoughts to myself, and keep doing zie code. Stay well everyone and cya.

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

I always wanted to see something like the Megaman X dash integrated into a brawler :(

Decinoge disse...

can be done